SKG Radiology is recognised for excellence in providing consistent, caring and professional services to referring practitioners and patients, utilising advanced, state‐of‐the‐art imaging technology.
SKG Radiology traces its history back to August 1981, when Dr Paul Sprague established a radiology practice at 30 Ord Street, West Perth. In 1986, Doctors Andrew Kam and John Glancy joined him, and the Sprague Kam Glancy Partnership was formed. The Partnership developed to include 20 Radiologist partners who owned and managed SKG Radiology.
In November 2001, SKG Radiology joined Sonic Healthcare Limited – a major medical diagnostics company providing laboratory and radiology services to medical practitioners, hospitals, community health services, and patients. Sonic Healthcare is a public company, listed as a Top 100 company on the Australian Stock Exchange. The group comprises of pathology and radiology services throughout Australia, New Zealand, Europe and North America. SKG Radiology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sonic Healthcare, but retains its local business identity and operational autonomy.
SKG Radiology has now grown to employ over 600 people encompassing Radiologists, technical, nursing and clerical staff. At SKG, we believe that our people are our most valuable asset and our success is due to the quality of service they provide.
Unique to Radiology practice in Western Australia, our Chief Executive Officer, Dr Sue Ulreich, is a Radiologist. This reflects our philosophy that medical practices thrive on medical leadership. SKG Radiology’s doctors play an integral part in the future direction and success of our practice, from relationships with referrers, to clinical quality and management, to service delivery.
The significant breadth and depth of clinical experience offered by our 52 Specialist Radiologists, 4 dual trained Nuclear Medicine Radiologists and 1 Nuclear Medicine Physician, who work in the Practice, enable us to cover all specialty areas with particular expertise in Neurological, Vascular, Orthopaedic (including Sports Medicine), Urological, Paediatric, Mammography, Thoracic, Head/Neck and Interventional Radiology.
SKG Radiology strives to provide Technical and Operational excellence. SKG Radiology is continually investing in state‐of‐the‐art medical systems and equipment across all of our branches in order to provide the highest quality service to our referrers and patients. We have implemented a range of new digital imaging systems including the distribution of PACS and an advanced electronic image delivery solution.
In Summary, SKG Radiology Offers:
- 52 Specialist Radiologists, including 4 dual trained Nuclear Medicine Radiologists and 1 Nuclear Medicine Physician
- Specialists in all the major sub‐disciplines of radiology many of whom are internationally qualified, having completed 1-2 year North American, UK & Australian accredited Fellowships
- Branches providing a range of imaging services within the metropolitan community of Perth
- Centres of Excellence at major hospitals, providing highly specialised procedures and access to after‐hours care
- Comprehensive services with full‐time Radiologists on site in Bunbury and Mandurah
- MRI, including a world-leading 3T MRI service
- Low‐dose CT
- Nuchal Translucency
- Nuclear Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- General X‐ray
- Dental X‐ray (OPG)
- FNA Biopsy
- Bone Densitometry
Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging
- Our qualified technical and support staff work as a team to provide patients with the best care
- SKG prides itself on delivering a timely and effective service to respond to the needs of our referring doctors
- SKG uses a range of state‐of‐the‐art equipment and advanced technology to produce high quality images and deliver precise outcomes for patients and doctors
- Our Practice is managed by Doctors for Doctors, and we adhere to a strict code of medical ethics and standards
- “To be valued by all stakeholders as WA’s leading radiology practice”
- Commit to service excellence
- Treat each other with respect & honesty
- Demonstrate responsibility & accountability
- Be enthusiastic about continuous improvement
- Maintain confidentiality