SKG Radiology respects and upholds the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) outlined in the Privacy Act (the Act).
- the kinds of personal information that SKG Radiology holds,
- how SKG Radiology collects and holds personal information,
- matters related to anonymity and pseudonymity,
- the purpose for which SKG Radiology holds, collects, uses and discloses personal information,
- how an individual may access personal information about the individual that is held by the entity and see the correction of such information,
- how an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds SKG Radiology, and how SKG Radiology will deal with such a complaint,
- whether SKG Radiology is likely to disclose information to overseas recipients and;
- if SKG Radiology is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries in the policy.
Privacy Complaints Process
If an individual feels that SKG Radiology has acted improperly or breached the APP’s, they may make a complaint. Complaints may be lodged in any form (written, verbal email etc.) to SKG Radiology’s Privacy Officer. Where reasonable, SKG Radiology will respond to privacy complaints within 30 days.
If the complainant is unsatisfied with the response from SKG Radiology, they may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
P: (08) 9320 1200
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 2999
Canberra, ACT 2601
P: 1300 363 992
OAIC Online Privacy Complaint Form
Revised: October 2019